Monday, December 8, 2014

Not yet

Sometimes I wish you could hear my thoughts
   to hear me screaming out the truth...
   but those words aren't allowed to be spoken...
   not here.

Sometimes I wish I could tell you
   what I really feel when I see you...
   but that truth could lead to so much pain...
   not now.

Sometimes I wish I could kiss you
   so I knew if that passion is still there...
   but what am I supposed to do when you don't kiss me back...
   not this.

Sometimes I wish I heard what you thought
   because I see the look in your eyes
   and I know you feel it too by the red in your cheek...
   not yet.

Sometimes I wonder what would happen
   if we both could tell each other how we really felt
   because then... maybe we could finally know that
   it's time.

by Mycheille Norvell

No comments:

Post a Comment