Monday, June 15, 2015

A stranger changed my heart

He was a stranger, someone I just spoke to on a silly chat room when I couldn't fall asleep, but the way we talked and the way our conversations meshed is stuck on repeat in my mind.

His tagline, or name, made me assume initially that he would be a creeper, but quickly we were talking about writing and about the world, and how we preferred optimism to pessimism. It's not often I meet someone with the same outlook on life that I have, and it was refreshing. For three hours we talked non-stop, surprising me as I realized the time had changed from 11:30 to 2:30... Even his humor, odd as it may seem to others, was hysterical to me. He made me smile and feel good about myself... it has been a long time since I felt this way, and though we exchanged emails... I forgot to write it down.

I searched the chat room all the next day, hoping and praying he would show up or our conversation would appear, but it didn't. Can one conversation really make such an impact that I would feel just a little bit lovesick over it? Silly perhaps, I'll admit, but I'm quite disappointed that I will probably never talk to him again... oh Mr. Cory, if only I had written it down... instead I am left remembering our brief conversation that just wasn't long enough.

Until next time then, I suppose.....

No comments:

Post a Comment