Thursday, June 26, 2014

Romance isn't dead, just hard to find

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/ways-notebook-turned-10-created-unrealistic-ideas-romance/story?id=24286993
Ok I can't say I like this article but I am posting for a reason... This article basically suggests that "the notebook" created an unrealistic ideal for love in general. In some ways for our modern day world perhaps these things are true, but A) I've still heard some pretty epic love stories or things men have done for their ladies. B) this movie was set at least 50 years ago!!! Of course you could romantically lay in the street in the middle of the night (in my old town you probably still could) there will be things we can't still do today but how does that make it unrealistic?
Unlikely? Oh yeah, but I've known men that go the distance romantically and I believe that if you are genuinely wanting that kind of love it could happen though it may not constantly be that way. Enjoy your love. Enjoy the big moments and the small ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment