Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Beyond a Kiss (Repost)

This is personal, and some people reading this will probably wonder why I even would share this, but a few will understand.

I miss being kissed. But beyond the desire to be kissed comes a desire to have a beautiful love that accompanies it. When I was younger I was told my life was like a movie, especially a Romantic Comedy; but here I am waiting for the dramedy to end and the romance to be evoked once more. I used to have the silliest things happen in my life that made me laugh and cry and praise God, because my life was the perfect example of a fun and entertaining young RomCom. What happened in between High School and now that made that movie go to pause?

I used to believe in the passion and perfection of love at first sight, and love in spite of unforeseen circumstances. I used to believe that those crazy, unbelievable moments of love could truly happen, and that people could be so in love that it lasts a lifetime. Sadly I stopped believing that somewhere along the way, when heartbreak struck me. The magic of what I had once believed in had begun to disappear with the entrance of my sorrow and shame.

But then here I am once more, watching romantic movies, or seeing lovers on the streets proving the misery wrong. Love exists, even if just in a moment. But I want more than the moment, or to be loved until something more acceptable comes along.

I want to be kissed. But I want that kiss to be entrancing, and magnificent. I want that kiss to remind me of your love, and what it feels like to believe in magic. I was lucky enough that my very first kiss held this. He and I had been good friends for years, and as I left my old town to start fresh somewhere, my friend offered me the sweetest, tenderest kiss with a story that I still look at with fond memories. It is this kiss that shows me it can happen again. Thank you--you know who you are, though you may never read this--thank you for giving me that one moment of perfection to show me perfect moments can exist.

Perhaps it seems I think too much, and it is probably too true. I'm an over-thinker and an over-dreamer, but it is only because I have seen true love before, and felt it for a brief moment, and I know that someday I could have it again. Everyone deserves that bit of perfection... and it starts with a meeting, a few precious moments strung together, leading to that kiss that decides it.

What a kiss it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment