Saturday, October 25, 2014

Think twice... save a life.

So today I am writing a heavy post, but one I hope people get ahold of. I know I don't have a ton of followers, but for those of you that do follow my writing, or are just here for today, please know how serious this is.

http://news.yahoo.com/social-media-posts-reveal-washington-school-shooters-personal-struggles-220952462.html

    Seriously people... this has got to stop...  and I hope we can start making a point to help the people that we know that may need help... the people that need love and guidance. This can't keep happening... 10 years ago, hearing about a school shooting reminded everyone about the Columbine shootings... now? There have been so many school shootings, and teenager shootings, or college shootings, that there is no longer a comparison... there is just a severe problem. 
    My heart breaks seeing this and knowing I will soon send my daughter out into this world... knowing that she will be going to school, and me no longer feeling at all safe letting her.
    Also in the past few years, bullying in school and via technology has grown rapidly. Our lives are all over the internet, and because of this more cruelty has formed as well as a need to always stay updated on everyone's juicy gossip. 
  When I was in high school, I did not have a cell phone. I was one of those students that passed notes sometimes when I HAD to talk to my friend about something juicy, and at all other times I paid attention to my teacher's lecture. Why doesn't this happen anymore? Why don't we focus on what is happening now? Though people constantly post that things you learn in high school you won't use in the real world, well though some of that is true, that knowledge you acquire when you are young is knowledge that feeds your mind positively.
   Teens, please know that things do get better. Your teen years are only a small part of a possibly amazing life. YOU decide what life you have, so make good choices... decide to do the hard things.. to forgive instead of get even, to be encouraging instead of degrading. It can seem hard at first, but when you change your attitude, the world is your oyster  But the only person who can transform you is you and God in you 
Think twice before harming yourself or anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment