Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Minutes

Today I didn't see you
  and where you were
     I wish I knew,
But you never left my mind,
   visions of could-be's
      forced me to rewind

I tried to move on,
   let my heart be momentarily strong
but thoughts of you kept holding on
   and I wanted me and you to belong...

My day went by,
   I didn't let myself cry
And the world went on speeding by,
   until I looked at the time...

Hours acted as minutes on the clock
   and I could no longer hear
        the tick-tock
But your melodic voice came in my ear
   but you aren't here...

But in my heart you never left
   and in my mind dreams still come true,
Yet something is missing...
  what a cruel theft
   and what was taken and who stole it,
       the answers both are you.

No comments:

Post a Comment