Friday, February 14, 2014

What does your reflection say?

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/life-after-massive-weight-loss-211106512.html

So I may get flak for what I am about to say about this article, but near the bottom, when it talks about a writer, Jasmin something, she talks about having lost her large amount of weight and being distressed over suddenly being complimented. She says people treated her inhuman because she had been fat. I don't like to admit how much I weigh in general, but I currently weigh 214 pounds, which is a little less than that woman did. She said people never complimented her on anything, and people didn't hold open doors. Now, I agree that in our society when beauty is often decided by the size of your waistline, there will always be people that will avoid us if we are larger... but I think this woman may have over reacted... and this is why: sometimes when you are larger, your confidence is incredibly low. When I am feeling a 'fat' day and I just feel so much bigger than I probably am, I tend to dress simply, keep my eyes down so I don't meet other people's gazes in fear they will notice how big I feel. But on days when I just look in the mirror and remember I am gorgeous no matter my size, I get compliments up to wazoo! I think in general, it is about the confidence! It easy to feel confident when you lose a pound, or 100 in this woman's case, so of course more people would notice her. So any who, yeah, I think we as women just need to be more confident and comfortable with how we look, even if we know we need lose a few pounds. 

We really do reflect the how we feel on the inside! 

No comments:

Post a Comment