Saturday, May 17, 2014

New Challenge!

Ok, so when I was back in high school I took a Creative Writing class. And though I've always had a love of writing, that class is what freed up my imagination and fully explored my writing abilities. So how could one class do this? Well apart from an incredibly awesome teacher, he had us do something called free writing-- writing for 10 minutes straight without stopping for any reason... no thinking, no fixing, just writing.

Last year I wrote a 152 page book in two days, and it was fully because of a mix of inspiration and a freedom in my imagination and my ability. Now? I feel as though I can hardly write a page without having writers block. So I've decided that for the next month I will free write at least twice a week on here. People from my Facebook have already provided me with some prompts and I am eager to begin. So here it goes:

Mix and Matched Socks: laziness or creativity? 

I'm going to start a little easier today, so thank you Breanna Sibbet for giving me this idea.

When I get up in the morning, I have a routine--bathroom, sink, eyes, shower, socks. By the time I get to my socks, I'm more awake, yet I am still asked constantly, why aren't your socks matching? Did you just wake up? Did you get dressed in the dark?

Well I have a theory, my friends! There are three kinds of sock-wearing people: 1) matchers, 2) people who don't know where there other sock is and are desperate, or 3) creative people that want to explore and add color to their day! So I am number 3! I want to have fun with my socks. How unfair is it anyways that socks are always so plain usually and boring. I know sometimes I mix the crazy pairs with solid pairs, but that was just the mood I was in this morning, sue me. But I must not be the only one, because some stores now sell socks in mis-matched pairs! See? I'm not crazy, I'm just in an elite class of sock wearers. So please, just enjoy my creativeness instead of judging it.

I do understand that some people may be considered "lazy" who mismatch socks, and honestly, I know people like that, who grab any socks they can out of their sock drawer and if they don't match, they decide to live with the socks anyways instead of looking for the match. So why do we have to match? Can't I just enjoy the silliness, or the absurdity of my different colors and different symbols. Honestly, in my life I just don't always want to over think what my socks look like, because there is so many more interesting things in my day then what my socks look like. So yes, some days it is laziness, or maybe just a lack of caring, but when I look down and realize they don't match, sometimes I am embarrassed, and other times I am impressed by the combination. I have created a new form of art! Just as most artists are sometimes criticized for their ingenuity and odd choice of medium, my medium is just still being discovered by others! How incredible to know, I was one of the first. Oh yeah, take that!

Alrighty, so I still have two minutes, but I've already began to seriously wander when it comes to the socks thing... so what next? What next? Well, Colors. I just bought my daughter new shoes. They are crazy neon pink and green. Her dad just saw them today and made fun of me for getting them, but its just like the socks: it is an expression. Abby likes pink, SO I got her pink shoes : ) Later she can look at those shoes and go "Awesome! My shoes are neon pink!"

Ok there is my ten minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment