Thursday, May 15, 2014

To my future husband (thanks Brett for this idea)

Alrighty, soo I don't mean to be a copier, but I recently read an amazing blog by this guy named Brett that wrote a letter to his future wife (http://brettshoemaker.me/2014/02/04/to-my-future-wife/). His letter touched my heart so much, and really encouraged me for the future, that I decided maybe I need to write a letter for my future husband. SO here it goes!

To my future love,

You and I have never met, yet somehow my heart knows you. I have felt as though you and I have already had long conversations over coffee, and we have already laughed together... yet here I am, sitting in my living room, staring out to the ocean just me and my daughter.  I wish you could be here with us, enjoying the silliness of life.

What should I say to you? What would I say if you were here right now?
       Where have you been? haha... Have you thought of me as much as I've thought of you? Am I what you expected? Am I more, am I less? Do you like walking on the beach? Do you like to travel? And the most important question for me... Do you love God?

It is so much more important to me that you have an actual relationship with Jesus, and love him, not just going to church or pretending to like God for my benefit. I love God, and he is number 1 in my life... I let him change from that place for my last husband, and I lost myself.... I want to be with someone that loves God first, not me. I will not be offended, in fact I think it is amazing!

I keep almost writing so many things, and that is why I think this will have to be sort of a series as I think of more things I pray for you, or remember I want you to know...

Something right off that I want you to know... you are helping me through this moment in my life where I am confused... I promise that things aren't always about me, and that right now it might not sound like it. You are helping me to hope for the prince charming I always deserved, because sweetie, I will always love you with all my heart and do anything and everything I can for you. That is just how I am.

I will always love you, but for now I offer a sturdy handshake over cyberspace to say "Hello"

~Always and Forever
  Mycheille




No comments:

Post a Comment